Tuesday, March 9, 2010

yes... it has been a while

Well it has been a long time since I posted to my blog. After much encouraging by my husband and many request from friends for recipes I am going to try to get back to posting a couple of times a week. Of course my family comes first so sometimes this blog will have to take a back burner.

So what has been happening in the Hill household? LOTS! The kids are growing like weeds. We have battled lots of sickness this winter and I am looking forward to the warm spring days when the windows go up and the germs go out. I have cut back some at work, we are almost done paying off our debt, we changed the kids preschool for the fall, we joined a new church and are hosting life groups... and that is just a small piece of what has been going on.

So now for the part my husband and friends are encouraging me to do... I will try to update a recipe with each post. This week I made beef tips and gravy using my Uncle Cecil's roast and gravy recipe. It is very simple and I make it in the crockpot. I usually get it started when I am done cleaning up breakfast and by dinner it is perfect.

1 package beef stew meat
1 pack of lipton onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small bottle of A1 steak sauce

Mix the soups and steak sauce and pour over the stew meat and cook on low all day (I use my small crockpot because the insert fits in the dishwasher but this can make a mess so you might consider those crockpot liners) Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles.

I serve this with mashed potatoes, green beans, and biscuits. In my next post I will give the recipe I use for copy cat Cracker Barrel green beans. Hope you enjoy and have a blessed day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment